Though we have a fantastic staff team, St John’s relies on the work of volunteers for many ministries across the life of the church, and we love to encourage church members to explore how God has gifted them to serve Him and his people.
Take a look at our leaflet which lists some of the areas you could serve and gives you the opportunity to volunteer.
Areas for volunteering include:
- Welcome Teams, who ensure that both regulars and visitors receive a warm welcome on Sundays;
- Musicians, who help us praise God through sung worship on Sundays;
- Hospitality and Refreshments, a vital work providing refreshments after services on Sundays and help plan, prepare and serve at many special occasions throughout the year;
- Flower Team, who produce stunning displays at times such as Harvest, Christmas and Easter, but whose gifts help the church look beautiful all year round;
- Vision Team, ensuring the songs, liturgy, presentations and videos are displayed for everyone to see;
- Audio Team, who make sure everyone can hear all that’s happening during services;
- Children’s and Youth work, who help on Sundays and throughout the week helping outreach and discipleship ministries among children and young people;
- Maintenance Team, a great group of people who help keep the church buildings looking smart and running smoothly;
- Gardening Team, who look after the gardens around the church and office;
- Bookstall Team, who keep our well-stocked bookstall tidy and are available to answer questions and take orders every Sunday;
And many more!
If you would like to know more about volunteering for any of these particular areas, or to talk about how your gifts can be used to serve at St John’s, please get in touch with the Church Office.